This South Indian Lunch menu contains healthy as well as tasty recipes.
The lunch menu is
1) Vazhaipoo kootu
2) Vellarikkai pachadi/Cucumber raita
3) Vendakkai poriyal
4) Garlic Rasam
5) Elai vadam
1) If you are making this vazhaipoo kootu in weekdays, you can remove the flower part and chop it the day before. Keep them immersed in buttermilk and refrigerate it.
2) To save time, you can cook vazhaipoo in same pressure cooker in which you cook your rice in separate containers.
3) While doing seasoning for Vendakkai/Lady's finger you can do the seasoning for Cucumber raita/Vellarikkai pachadi first and transfer it to a container then proceed with vendakkai poriyal in same kadai. This is time saving and kadai saving tip :).
4) For more kootu recipes, click here.
For more Authentic South Indian Lunch menus, Click here