Vendakkai poriyal/Ladies finger curry goes well all rice varieties. This is an easy curry and loved by kids.
- 500 gms Vendakkai/Ladys finger
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Curd
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal (split)
- 1/4 cup Oil
1) Heat oil in a kadai and crackle Mustard seeds.
2) Then add Urad dal, fry till golden brown.
3) Add vendakkai, turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix. Close it with a lid to cook in medium flame.
4) After it is half cooked, add curd and salt. Let it cook in medium flame till gets slight crispyness.
Tasty vendakkai curry is ready.
1) Dont add water while cooking vendakkai as it will turn mushy.
2) Curd prevents the stickiness and you can also add 2 tsp of light Tamarind paste instead of curd.
3) Occasional stirring is fine but too much of stirring will break the vendakkais and turns mushy.