Garlic helps to reduce the cholesterol levels and prevents cold and flu. This Rasam is tasty as well as healthy so include this Garlic Rasam in your diet.
- 1 Lemon size Tamarind (or ready made tamarind paste)
- 1 Ripe Tomato (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Rasam powder
- 1 Chopped Curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- As per taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 5 pods Garlic
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1) Make tamarind paste and dilute it by adding 1 cup water.
2) Add Tomato, and let it boil till tomato gets cooked.
3) Now add Asafoetida, Salt, Rasam powder and boil for 2 mins.
4) Grind Garlic pods, Cumin seeds and Coriander leaves.
5) After 2 mins, add the ground paste, chopped curry leaves and some more water.
6) Switch off the flame when froth comes.
7) Heat Ghee in a kadai and add mustard seeds.
8) After it crackles, add this to rasam.
Garlic rasam is ready to be served.