Dahi Papdi Chaat is a delicious chaat made with Papdis as base with Yoghurt seasoning. Give it a try and I am sure you will never visit Chaats stalls again.
Ingredients: Serves 2-3
- 10 Papdis (5 papdis or less on one plate)
- 1 Potato
- 1/4 cup Green gram
- 2 cups Thick Curd/Yoghurt
Spice powders: (As needed)
- Red chilli powder
- Chaat masala
- Black Salt
- Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 cup Sev
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves Finely Chopped)
1) Wash and soak the green gram overnight. Drain the water transfer it to a cotton cloth and wrap it. Small sprouts will start developing in after 6-7 hours.
2) Steam the sprouted moong dal until it turns soft but not mushy. Boil potato, after it cools remove the skin and mash it.
3) Add 1 tsp of Sweet chutney, a pinch Chat Masala, 1/4 tsp Black Salt, 2 tsp Sugar to Curd and whisk well.
4) Arrange 5 Papdis on one plate, then place mashed potato on top of papdis. Next sprinkle green gram on top of of it.
5) Add Green chutney , Sweet chutney, generous amount of Curd on top of papdis. Sprinkle a pinch or two of Red chilli powder, Cumin powder and Chaat masala.
6) Finally sprinkle sevs and few coriander leaves on top of Dahi Papdis and Serve immediately.
1) You can also add finely chopped onions, tomatoes as per your choice.