Papdi is a crispy snack made with All purpose flour and is mainly used in Chaats.
- 1 cup Maida/All purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp Ajwain/Carom seeds
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- As required Salt
- For frying Oil
1) In a mixing bowl, add Maida, Salt, Carom seeds, ghee and mix well. Add water little by little and knead to stiff dough. Cover the dough and leave it for half an hour.
2) After half an hour knead it again to smooth dough. Pinch out some dough and cover the rest. Now grease oil on rolling board and roll this dough to thin sheet.
3) Make impression of small circles using a bottle cap. Carefully remove the circles and prick them with fork. Rest of the dough can be added to main dough to make the circles again.
4) Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry them in batches. After they turn golden brown, remove from oil. After it cools, store them in airtight container to retain the crispness.