|Hasi Togari Kaalu Masala/Togarikalu gravy/Tuvar sabzi (North Indian style)|
Tuvar/Hasi Togarikalu/Green pigeon peas Sabzi is a tasty North Indian style gravy prepared with protein rich Tuvar.
I have also tried few more recipes with Tuvar and here they are
- 2 cups Tuvar/Hasi Togari kalu/Green pigeon peas
- 2 Onions (Chopped as cubes)
- 3 Tomatoes (Chopped as cubes)
- 1 inch length Ginger (Skin peeled and chopped as big pieces)
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi/Dried Fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- As per taste Salt
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 3 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
1) Pressure cook Tuvar/Togarikalu with enough water for 2 whistles. They need to turn soft but should not get mashed up.
2) Grind Onion and ginger to smooth paste.
3) Heat oil in a kadai and add Cumin seeds to crackle.
4) Next add onion-ginger paste and leave it to get cooked in medium flame with occasional sautéing.
5) Mean time grind tomatoes to fine paste.
6) After the onion paste turns light brown and leaves oil on sides, add the tomato paste and fry.
7) After the tomato gets cooked, add spice powders and salt. Mix well.
8) Now add cooked Tuvar/Togairkalu with cooked water and leave it to get cooked for 15 minutes.
9) Now add Kasuri methi, Fresh cream and mix well. Switch it off after 5 minutes.
1) You can also add few cashews while grinding tomato to get richness in the gravy.