Togari Kaalu/ Tuvar lilva/Green pigeon peas is undried form of Toor Dal which is very famous in Karnataka.
Other interesting recipes with these beans are
Togarikalu Akki tari uppittu/Arisi upma
Togari kalu Wheat Rava upittu
If you are new to these healthy beans and wondering what these Togari Kaalus are then click here.
Here is the picture of Togari Kaalus
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1/2 cup Togari Kalu/Tuvar lilva/Green pigeon peas
- 5-6 Broken Cahews
- 8-10 Raisins/Dried Grapes
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- As per Taste Salt
- 1 Medium Size Onion (Skin peeled and Finely chopped)
- 6-8 Beans (Finely chopped)
- 1 Carrot (Finely chopped)
- 1/2 Capsicum (Finely chopped)
- 1 Medium size Potato (Skin peeled and Finely chopped)
1) Wash and clean the rice and add 3 cups of water and few drops of oil. Soak it for 30-40 mins then cook it. After it is cooked, add a tsp of oil and fluff it with a fork.
2) Heat oil in a kadai/Pan and roast Cashews till light brown. Then add dried grapes/Raisins and fry till they puff up.
3) Add Togari Kalu and fry for few minutes. Then add Veggies,Red Chilli powder, Salt and mix well. Sprinkle few water and close it with a lid to cook.
4) After the veggies are cooked add Garam masala and cooked rice and mix carefully.
Tasty Togarikaalu vegtable rice is ready..