Togarikalu/Tuvar/Green pigeon peas Sabji is a tasty gravy prepared in highlight of Tomato flavour with NO onion and NO Garlic.
If Tuvar/Togarikalu/Green pigeon peas is your favourite then click here to get more recipes. Also if you want to know the health benefits these Togarikalus, click here.
- 2 Cups Togari kaalu/Tuvar/Green pigeon peas
- 4-5 Medium size Tomatoes (Chopped finely)
- 1/2 inch length Ginger (Finely chopped)
- 2 Green chillies (Slit length wise)
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves (Finely chopped)
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
1) Wash the Togari kaalus/Tuvar, add enough water and pressure cook them for 2 whistles.
2) Heat oil in a kadai and add Mustard seeds to crackle next add Cumin seeds to crackle.
3) Now add Ginger, Green chillies and fry. Next add tomates and fry till they get cooked.
4) Add Salt, Cooked Togarikalu/tuvar with water and leave them to boil for 15 minutes.
5) Finally garnish with Corriander leaves and switch off the flame.
1) You can also add 1 tsp of Garam masala to enhance the flavour.
2) In addition to coriander leaves, you can add Kasuri methi/Dried fenugreek leaves.