Kuthiraivali/Barnyard Podi dosa is a spicy and tasty millet dosa.
Millets are so good for health and it is always better to replace polished rice with millets. To know more about Kuthiraivali health benefits, click here.
I always try preparing our normal dishes with millets without compromising the taste element :). This Kuthiraivali podi dosa is one of my recipe with these tiny millets. My other recipes with kuthiraivali are
1) Kuthiraivali Adai
2) Kuthiraivali black gram dosa
Coming to our Kuthiraivali podi dosa recipe.....
- 2 Cups Kuthiraivali/Barnyard Millet
- 1/2 Cup Urad dal
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- As needed Salt
- As needed Kuthiraivali batter
- As needed Idli milagai podi
- For drizzling Oil
1) Wash and Soak Kuthiraivali, Urad dal and fenugreek all together for 3-4 hours.
2) Drain the water and grind it to a Dosa batter consistency.
3) Add Salt and let it ferment overnight.
Kuthiraivali batter is ready..
1) Heat dosa tawa and spread oil on tawa. Take a ladle of batter and spread it in circular motion to form a round shaped dosa. Drizzle oil on sides of Dosa.
2) After one side is cooked, flip it to cook other side. When next side is cooked, flip around and drizzle Idli milagi podi completely.
3) Close the dosa with the help of Dosa spatula and serve hot with favourite side dish.
Yummy and healthy Kuthiraivali podi dosa is ready....
1) If you are new to millets and want to explore them, you can try 1 cup Idli rice 1 cup Kuthiraivali ratio (instead of 2 cups kuthiraivali) and grind to batter. The dosa made with this batter will tastes similar to normal rice dosa.
2) I always prefer a flat ladle as shown in pic for making dosa on hot tawa as it helps to spread the batter evenly.
3) If prefer to add onions along with podi, you can finely chop two onions and fry till translucent and set aside. You can sprinkle onions after sprinkling podi and serve them.