Adai is made of ground dals/pulses and goes well with Avial. This Kuthiraivali Adai is something special as we are combing millet health benefits along with protein power dals.
- 1 cup Kuthiraivali/Barnyard Millet
- 1/4 cup Channa dal
- 1/4 cup Toor dal
- 1/4 cup Masoor dal
- 1 laddle Urad dal
- 1 laddle Moong dal
- A small piece (1/4 tsp) Asafoetida/Hing
- A small piece Ginger (skin peeled)
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp (2 springs) Curry leaves
- 10 Red chillies
- As per taste Salt
They look similar to Samai Rice in shape but white in colour. The other Indian names of this Barnyard millet is Jhangora (Hindi), Odalu (Telugu), Kuthiraivali (Tamil), OOdalu (Kannada). For more info about this millet, click on the picture
1) Soak Kuthiraivali, Channa dal, Toor dal, Masoor dal, Urad dal and Moon dal for 2-3 hours.
2) Grind Red chillies, Asafoetida, coconut, coriander leaves, curry leaves and Ginger to smooth paste.
3) Add Dals and kuthiraivali and grind to coarse paste and will not be so smooth like Idli batter.
4) Heat a dosa tawa and spread oil. Take a ladle of adai batter and spread on dosa tawa.
5) After one side is cooked, flip it around and drizzle some oil.
Tasty and healthy ADAI is ready to be served with Favourite combo AVIAL