This Kuthiraivali/Barnyard millet dosa tastes similar to Koil dosa.
Wondering what is koil dosa??? In some temple they give Dosa as Parasad, it will neither be soft nor be crispy and will be little hard like Adai. These dosas tastes different from normal dosa as they add black gram (Urad dal with skin) to Rice. I have tried the same dosa with Barnyard millet/Kuthiraivali and It came out well.
- 2 cups Barnyard millet/Kuthiraivaali
- 1/2 cup Split Urad dal (with skin)/Black Gram
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- As needed Salt
- 3 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Pepper corns
- 1 small piece Dried Ginger
- As needed Kuthiraivali batter
- As needed Oil
1) Wash and Soak Kuthiraivali, Urad dal and fenugreek all together for 3-4 hours.
2) Drain the water and grind it to a Dosa batter consistency.
3) Add Salt and let it ferment overnight.
Kuthiraivali batter is ready..
1) Dry grind the ingredients coarsely given in "For Grinding" and add to batter and mix well.
2) Heat a dosa tawa and spread oil on tawa. Take a ladle of batter and spread it on tawa. Drizzle oil on sides.
3) After one side is cooked, flip it around to cook other side.
Tasty Kuthiraivali black gram dosa is ready and you can have it with spicy chutneys like Tomato thokku or Kothamalli chutney