Kothamalli chutney/Coriander chutney/Green chutney is a tasty and nutritious side dish for Idli and Dosa.
- 1 cup Coriander leaves/kothamalli
- 1 tbsp whole urad dal
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 Red chilli
- 2 tbsp Grated coconut
- 4-5 Sambar onion (shallots)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Jaggery
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp +1/2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1) Heat 1 tsp Oil in a kadai and add urad dal and Red chilli. Fry till golden brown, then add Green chilli, Onion and tomato. Fry till they get cooked.
2) Transfer this mixture to a bowl to cool down.
3) Grind this mixture with coriander leaves, Jaggery, coconut and salt.
4) Heat rest of 1/2 tsp oil in a kadai and crackle mustard seeds.
5) Pour the seasoning mixture on top of chutney.
Your tasty Coriander chutney is ready...
1) I prefer coriander leaves to be raw so I have not fried with other ingredients in kadai. If you want the coriander leaves to be cooked, you can fry for few secs with onion tomato mixture.
1) Always wash and clean the coriander leaves for twice or thrice to remove dirt and mud.