Sri Rama Navami is the festival celebrated as the birthday of Lord Rama who is the avatar of Lord Vishnu. On this auspicious day, the traditional recipes Panagam, Neer mor and Vadaparuppu are made as neivedyam.
Click on the pics to get Panagam and Neer mor Recipe:
Vada paruppu/Moong dal Salad/Kosambari
This is one of my favourite and I always wait for Mango season to make this salad. This is simple and easy salad and can be served as part of your lunch.
- 1/4 Cup split moong dal
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1 cup grated raw mango (manga)
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp chopped curry leaves
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- A pinch Sugar
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1) Soak Moong dal in warm water for 15 mins.
2) Drain water and mix moong dal with cucumber, raw mango, coconut, curry leaves, corriander leaves, green chilli, sugar and Salt.
3) Temper mustard seeds and add to vadaparuppu and mix well.
Vadaparuppu is ready
1) 1 tsp of finely chopped ginger can also be added to this vadaparuppu, it is very good for digestion.
1) If you are preparing this vadaparuppu for lunch as salad, add lemon juice just before serving but if it is for neivedyam add it with all ingredients.