Green peas vada/Pachai pattani vadai/Mutter vada/Matar vada (No Onion No Garlic) is a wonderful crispy fritters which are golden outside and with appealing green colour inside.
During season, fresh green peas are available in abundance and we add these green peas in almost all the dishes. I have already made many recipes with green peas like
1) Mutter paneer/Matar paneer
2) Green peas masala
3) Green peas masala (No onion No garlic)
4) Green peas sundal/Pachai pattani sundal
5) Potato peas korma/Pachai pattani kurma
This time I wanted to try some unique and interesting dish with green peas and so made these yummy Green peas vadas. It was extra crispy than the normal vadas :).
- 2 Cups Fresh green peas/Pachai pattani
- 1/4 Cup Channa dal/Kadalai paruppu
- 1 Red chilli
- 3 Green chillies (Finely Chopped)
- 1 inch length Ginger (Finely Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (Finely Chopped)
- A spring Curry leaves (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- As per taste Salt
- For frying Oil
1) Wash and soak channa dal for 2-3 hours. Drain water and grind it along with red chilli without adding water to a coarse paste and transfer to a bowl.
2) Now grind the fresh green peas for one pulse and transfer it to the same bowl.
3) Add Coriander leaves, Curry leaves, Ginger, Green chillies, Hing, Salt and mix well.
4) Heat oil in a kadai, in the mean time take a small portion of vadai mixture and make a tight ball. Transfer it to the other palm and press it to form a vadai shape.
5) Now drop these vadais in batches of 3 or 4 in hot oil and leave it to get cooked in medium flame.
6) After one side becomes golden brown flip it around to cook other side. Once they are done fully, remove it from oil and drop on paper napkins to drain excess oil. Repeat the same for rest of the batter.
1) You can add finely chopped onions or finely chopped cabbage according to your preference.
2) For this vada, you need little extra green chillies and ginger than the usual measure.
For more Green peas recipes,