This Restaurant style Green peas Masala is my favourite side dish for Roti, parathas and Rice varieties.
- 1 cup Green peas
- 2 Onions
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 inch length Ginger (skin peeled and chopped as pieces)
- 3-4 Garlic pods (skin peeled)
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- 10-12 Cashews
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Kasuri methi/Dried Fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp+ 2 tbsp Oil
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Chole Masala
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Amchur powder
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
1) Soak Cashews in warm water.
2) Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadai and fry green peas for few mins and Transfer it to a Bowl.
3) Grind Onion, Garlic and Ginger to fine paste. Now heat 2 tbsp of Oil in kadai and crackle Cumin seeds.
4) Add the ground paste to kadai and fry. Meantime grind tomatoes to fine paste and keep aside.
5) After onion turns light brown leaves oil on side, add ground tomatoes and fry.
6) After tomatoes are cooked, add the green peas, 1 cup of water, Salt and leave it to boil.
7) Grind Cashews and Fresh cream to make a fine paste.
8) After green peas is cooked, add the spice powders and leave it to cook for few more minutes.
9) Crush Kasuri methi with your palms and add it to Masala.
10) Add ground cashew paste and mix well.
11) Finally garnish with fresh coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Tasty Green peas Masala is ready.
1) You can also replace Fresh cream with curd while grinding for a slight tangy taste.
2) I am frying green peas in oil, so that it gets cooked fast. In case your green peas are little matured, you can pressure cook it for 2 whistles.