Green Peas masala (No onion No garlic) is a fantastic gravy prepared with Green peas and goes well with Parathas, Nan and rotis.
I have already posted Green peas masala with onion and garlic and it was a super duper hit recipe. I am getting more requests for a Green peas masala of No onion No garlic version, so I decided to give a try but was little hesitant whether the same taste will come in this sabzi. One of my friend who always goes for No onion and no garlic recipe suggested me to add few magic ingredients to get the same taste. I am sure you will be wondering what are those magic ingredients, they are nothing but Cashews and Fresh cream.
I tried No onion No garlic green peas masala with my own version along with those magic ingredients. I was surprised that no one at my how could find out that this sabzi is made with out onion and garlic. It was so yummy and as usual the masala got emptied :).
For more NO ONION NO GARLIC recipes, please click here
- 2 cups Green peas
- 4 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 inch length Ginger (skin peeled and chopped as small pieces)
- 5-6 Cashews
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder (alter according to your spice level)
- 1 tsp Roasted cumin powder* (see tips)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- A pinch Hing
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- 2 tsp Kasuri methi/Dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 ladle Oil
- As per taste Salt
1) Pressure cook the green peas with enough water and salt for 1 whistle. If your peas are tender, you can avoid pressure cooking and boil them directly. Make sure that the peas gets cooked well but should not get mashed up.
2) Grind Tomatoes, Cashews and ginger to fine paste.
3) Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds to crackle.
4) Now add tomato puree and leave it to get cooked in medium flame, it needs to cook well and leave oil on sides.
5) Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, hing, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well. Leave it to boil for few more minutes.
6) Now add cooked green peas to masala and leave it to boil for few more minutes.
7) Once you get nice gravy consistency and masalas blend well add fresh cream and kasuri methi. Mix well and leave it for 2 more minutes.
8) Now add fresh coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Yummy Green peas masala (no onion no garlic version) is ready.....For more Sabzi varieties, click here
1) If you don't have coriander and roasted cumin powder, you can skip them and add more garam masala.
2) As we are adding salt while cooking green peas, adjust thee quantity accordingly for gravy.
3) *To make roasted cumin powder, dry roast the cumin seeds till nice aroma and grind it to file powder. Store it in airtight container.