This Protein rich Pachai Pattani Sundal/Green peas Sundal is a Navrathri special recipe. In this recipe, I have used fresh Green peas and prepared this sundal so it was tasting very Yummy. Also this sundal can be prepared instantly and needs no soaking time.
- 1 Cup Pachai Pattani/Green peas
- As per taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut
- 1 Green chilli
- 1/2 inch length Ginger
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- A pinch Hing/Asafoetida
- A spring Curry leaves
- 1 Red chilli (Broken into pieces)
1) Wash the green peas, add 1/2 cup of water and pressure cook them for 1 whistle. Make sure that the green peas don't get mashed up. If your green peas are tender, you can skip this step and add them directly after tempering. If you are using dried variety of green peas then soak it overnight before cooking.
2) Grind Coconut, Ginger, Green chilli to a coarse mixture.
3) Heat oil in a kadai, add Mustard seeds to crackle then add Hing, Curry leaves and Red chillies and give a quick fry.
4) Drain water from cooked green peas and add it to kadai and mix well. In case you are adding the fresh green peas at this time, sprinkle few water and leave it to cook.
5) Add Salt, ground Coconut mixture and mix well. Leave it to cook for a minute and switch off the flame.
Yummy Green peas Sundal is ready.
1) You can also add 2 tsp Curry powder in addition and it gives a nice flavour.
2) You can also squeeze few lemon juice finally for a tangy taste.