Mung Bean fritters are a yummy and healthy snack prepared with left over Pesarattu batter.
If I have left overs, I always try converting them to yummy recipes instead of wasting them. This is one such recipe which was a big hit in my family.
- 1 Cup Left over Pesarattu batter
- 1/4 cup Gram flour/Besan/Kadala maavu
- 1/2 Onion (Finely chopped)
- 1/4 Capsicum (Finely chopped)
- 1/2 Carrot (Grated)
- 1 Green chilli (Finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- A spring Curry leaves (Finely chopped)
- 1 tsbp Corriander leaves (Finely chopped)
- For Frying Oil
- As per taste Salt
1) Take left over Pesarattu batter in a mixing bowl and add Onion, Carrot, Capsicum, Green chillies, Fennel seeds, Gram flour, Curry leaves, Coriander leaves, Salt and mix well.
2) Heat oil in a kadai and drop a spoon full of batter with your hand. You can drop 3-4 spoonful of batter at a time.
3) Fry them on both sides till golden brown. After they are cooked, remove from oil and drop them on Paper napkins.
4) Repeat the same with rest of the batter.
Yummy Mung bean fritters are ready for your snack time.
1) If you want to avoid Besan/Gram flour, you can also add Rice flour.
2) Fennel seeds gives unique flavour to these fritters, you can avoid it if you don't love them.
3) If you have already added onion to the batter, you can skip adding them now.
4) You can also replace onions with Cabbage to make a NO onion NO garlic dish.