Palak Paneer is a Restaurant style gravy made of Ground Palak and Paneer cubes.
Palak has high nutritional value and to know more about these wonder greens click here. Also Paneer is rich in Calcium and Protein which are very essential for our Body. I always prefer fresh Home made Paneer instead of Store bought ones, also it is very easy to prepare Paneer at home.
- 250 gms Palak Leaves/Spinach
- 250 gms Paneer/Cottage Cheese
- 1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (Finely Chopped)
- 1 inch length Ginger (Skin peeled and Chopped roughly)
- 6-7 Garlic pods
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- A pinch Hing
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
1) Wash and clean the palak leaves. Boil 3 cups of water with 1/2 tsp Sugar in a bowl and add the Palak leaves, let it boil for 2 mins and switch off the flame.
2) After straining the Hot water (Don't discard this water, we can use it for gravy part), pour cold water on these Palak leaves. Now add the Palak leaves to mixer along with Green chillies, Ginger, Garlic and grind to smooth paste.
3) Heat 2 tbsp of Oil +1 tbsp of Butter in a kadai and add Cumin seeds to crackle. Next add Bay leaf and fry.
4) Add the onions and fry till golden brown. Next add Tomatoes and fry till they get cooked.
5) Now pour the ground Palak paste and leave it to boil for few minutes. Add the Spice powders, Salt and let it boil for few more minutes. The gravy might thicken at this stage, use the stored Palak water to adjust the gravy consistency.
6) Now add Kasuri methi, Paneer Cubes and let them get cooked for another 5 minutes.
7) Finally add Fresh cream and mix well. Switch off the flame after 5 mins.
Yummy Palak Paneer is ready...
1) If you have few more strained Palak water left out apart from adding to Gravy. You can use the same water to make Chapathi dough.
2) Instead of adding Palak cubes directly, you can also sauté them in oil and add.
3) While Seasoning, Butter can be replaced with Desi Ghee too.