Paneer is protien and calcium rich food. It is so good for growing children. If you are diet conscious still you can consume paneer in moderate quantity. I always prefer homemade paneer as it is fresh and delicious.
- 1 litre Milk
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
1) Boil milk in a heavy bottom vessel
2) Add Lemon juice when milk raises
3) Milk will start curdling at this point.
4) In few secs., whey water gets separated completely.
5) Strain the paneer in a thin cotton cloth.
6) Squeeze excess water, and keep it on a flat surface. I have used rolling board as flat surface.
7) I kept a vessel filled with water as weight over the paneer.
8) Let it rest like this for one hour.
9) After one hour paneer is ready, slice them and store in air tight container to refrigerate.
For step by step pics:
1) Use good quality and full cream milk to get good paneer.
2) After step 5, the paneer can be hanged for an hour. But I skipped that step still I got good paneer.
3) Instead of lemon juice, you can use vinegar or curd.
4) The leftover whey water can be used again to make paneer instead of lemon juice, also can be used for making rotis.