This Beetroot poriyal/Curry/Stir-fry is a tasty side dish for Rice.
Beetroot is an excellent source of folate and including it as a part of our diet gives loads of health benefits. If your kids are fussy about eating these beets, try delicious BEETROOT HALWA recipe.
- 2 Beetroot (Skin peeled and chopped finely)
- 2 Green chillies (Finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Grated coconut
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Whole Urad dal
1) Heat oil in a kadai and add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds to crackle. Next add Urad dal, Green chillies and fry till light brown.
2) Now add choped Beetroot and fry in oil for a min. Add 1/2 cup water, salt and close it with a lid to cook in medium flame.
3) After beetroot is cooked, add grated coconut and mix well. After 1 min, switch off the flame.
Tasty and Healthy Beetroot Curry is ready.