Broad beans curry/ Avarakkai poriyal (With onion) goes well with Rice varieties.
- 500 gms Broad beans/Avarakkai (edges trimmed and finely chopped)
- 2 Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Yellow Moong dal
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 Red chilli (split as half)
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Soak Yellow moong dal for half an hour, drain water and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a kadai/Pan and add Mustard seeds to crackle. Now add Urad dal, Red chilli and fry till light brown.
3) Add onion and fry till translucent.
4) Now add Broad beans, Yellow moong dal, Salt and mix well. Sprinkle few water and close it with a lid to cook.
5) After broad beans are cooked, switch off the flame to serve.
Tasty Broad beans stir fry is ready...
For Broad beans curry (with coconut), click here.