This Vendakkai/Ladies finger/Okra Onion curry is a tasty side dish for all Rice varieties. I have already posted vendakkai curry (with out onion). Ladies finger is one of the veggie which is loved by all and also adding onion gives extra taste to the curry.
- 500 gms Vendakkai (chopped 1 inch lenght)
- 3 medium sized Onions (chopped vertically)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 ladle Oil
- As per taste Salt
1) Heat oil in a kadai and add Onions. Fry till they turn light brown.
2) Add Vendakkai and saute well. Add Turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix well. Let it cook in medium flame.
3) After vendakkais are half boiled, add salt and mix well and leave the vendakkais to get roasted nicely. Switch off the flame and serve with favourite rice varities.
1) If you want to serve this vendakkai curry as side dish for roti, add 2 tsps of Garam masala while adding turmeric powder.
2) If you want nice roasted vendakkais then be generous in adding oil.