These yummy Pakoras/Pakodas/Punugulu are made with left over Idli/Dosa batter.
Pakoras are all time favourite tea time snack, that too if you make it with a left over Idli/Dosa batter it is serves the dual purpose of not wasting the left overs and relishing crispy tea time bites which was prepared instantly. The mild sour taste and spicy green chilli taste gives nice combo to these pakoras.
You can turn your left overs into yummy food variety that no one could guess that it is prepared with left overs, for more recipes on how to turn your left overs to delicious food item Click here
Ingredients: Serves 10-12 Pakoras
- 1/2 cup Left over Idli/Dosa batter
- 11/2 tbsp Sooji/Rava/Semolina
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Ginger (Finely chopped)
- 2 Green chillies (Finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (Finely chopped)
- 1/2 Onion (Finely chopped)
- A pinch Hing powder
- As per taste Salt
- For frying Oil
1) Take Idli/Dosa batter in a mixing bowl. Add Coconut, Cumin seeds, Ginger, Sooji, Onion, Coriander leaves, Hing, Salt and mix well.
2) Let it rest for 10 mins. After 10 mins, batter would have turned little thick in consistency.
3) Heat oil in a kadai, drop a small pinch of batter and if it raises immediately then oil is in correct temperature.
4) Drop a small amount of batter using a spoon. You can drop 3-4 spoonful at a time.
5) Let the heat be in medium and after one side of pakoras are cooked, flip it to cook the other side.
6) After both sides are cooked and the shhhh sound ceases, remove from oil and drop the pakoras on a paper napkin. Repeat the same for rest of the batter.
Tasty Pakoras are ready....
1) In addition to onions, you can also add grated carrot and finely chopped capsicum.
2) You can avoid onion and prepare it as No onion No garlic snack.
3) I have not added curry leaves, you can add finely chopped curry leaves too.
4) Idli/Dosa batter already has salt in it so adjust the quantity accordingly.