Double beans Sabzi is a gravy prepared with Double beans which goes well with Rotis and Parathas.
- 2 cups Fresh Double beans
- 2 Medium Size Onions (1/2 finely chopped+ 11/2 roughly chopped)
- 2 Medium size Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1 inch length Ginger
- 4-5 Garlic pods
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi
- 2 tsbp Coriander leaves (Finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 ladle oil
- As per taste Salt
1) Wash and clean the double beans. Add enough water and pressure cook for 3 whistles or till soft. If you are using dried ones, soak them overnight before cooking.
2) Grind onion, Ginger, Garlic to smooth paste.
3) Heat oil in a kadai and add Cumin seeds to crackle. Next add finely chopped onions and fry till light brown. At this stage add ground onion paste and fry.
4) After onion paste turn light brown and leaves oil on sides. Grind tomatoes to smooth paste and add it to kadai.
5) Fry the tomato paste and after it gets cooked. Add the pressure cooked double beans along with cooked water.
6) Add Salt, Red chilli powder and Garam masala to the gravy and leave it to cook for few minutes. Next add Kasuri methi and leave it to cook for few more minutes.
7) Finally add Coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Yummy Double beans Gravy ready to pair up rotis and parathas.
1) After pressure cooking double beans, you can add Salt at that stage too. Add salt and leave it for a quick whistle for the double beans to absorb salt. If you are adding salt at this stage, you can skip adding salt to gravy.
2) You can also add Amchur powder, if you want a highlight of Sour taste.
3) Adding 1 tbsp of fresh cream at final stage gives enhanced taste.