Gobi Masala Dosa/Cauliflower Masala Dosa is a delicious dosa variety made with Gobi Masala stuffing. If you are bored of regular potato masala dosa this Gobi masala is a perfect alternative.
- 1/2 Cauliflower/Gobi (or 3 cups Cauliflower Florets)
- 2 Onions
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Capsicum (Chopped finely)
- 1 medium size Carrot (Grated)
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Besan/Gram flour
- As needed Idli/Dosa batter
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
1) Boil water, add salt and mix well. Wash and soak Cauliflower in Salt water. After few minutes chop the Cauliflower to small florets and keep aside. If you are taking as florets, just add them to salt water and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a kadai and add Cumin seeds to crackle. Next add Finely chopped onion and fry till light brown. Now add Capsicum and fry till they get half cooked.
3) Add grated Carrot and fry. Next add Ginger Garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
4) Add chopped tomato and fry.
5) After Tomato gets cooked, add Cauliflower florets and mix well.
6) Add Garam Masala, Red chilli powder, Salt, 2 cups water and leave it to get cooked by closing with a lid.
7) Take Gram flour (Besan) in a bowl and add enough water to make smooth paste with out lumps.
8) After the cauliflower florets are cooked well in Masala add the Gram flour paste and mix well. Gram flour paste will thicken the Gobi masala, now switch off the flame. Our Gobi Masala is ready.
9) Take a ladle full of batter and spread in circular motion. Drizzle oil on sides after one side of dosa turns light brown flip it to cook other side.
10) Now flip it again and spread the Gobi stuffing on one side and close the dosa.
Serve yummy Gobi masala dosa with your favourite Side dish.....
1) In addition to Garam masala you can also add Kitchen King according to your taste.
2) Instead of flipping the dosa you can also close it with a lid to cook the other side.
3) You can also prepare this Gobi Masala as NO ONION NO GARLIC recipe. Just skip Onions and Ginger Garlic paste, still it tastes so yummy.