Dahi puri is a yummy Indian street food which is an all time favourite for many. This popular snack is made of Crispy puris stuffed with boiled potatoes, boiled green gram, chaat chutneys, spice powders and chilled curd.
Ingredients: Serves 2-3
- 15-18 Puris
- 1 Onion (Finely chopped)
- 2 Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Green gram
- 1 Cup Curd
- 2 Cups Sev
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander leaves (Finely chopped)
- As required Sweet chutney
- As required Greeen Chutney
- For Sprinkling Chaat masala
- For Sprinkling Black Salt
- For Sprinkling Red chilli powder
- For Sprinkling Roasted Cumin powder
1) First we need to make few preparations before staring with the actual recipe, soak green gram overnight and boil it till soft but make sure it doest turn mushy, boil the potatoes and after it cools remove the skin and chop them as cubes, whisk the curd by adding 1 tsp sugar. Keep all the ingredients ready near the serving plate before you can start making dahi puri.
2) Arrange the puris on the serving plate, next make hole in the centre for all the puris for the stuffing.
3) Fill the puris in this order, potato stuffing, green gram, Onions. Next pour little curd into the puris till it reaches half.
3) Now fill the puris with sweet chutney, Green chutney and again add generous amount of curd.
4) Now sprinkle few Red chilli powder, Chat masala, Roasted Cumin powder and Black salt.
5) Add generous amount of sev on top of each puris, finally garnish with Coriander leaves.
Yummy Dahi puri is ready to be served......
1) Serve the dahi puris immediately after preparing to avoid puris becoming soggy with curd.
2) Green gram needs soaking time, in case if you forget to soak you can make these dahi puris by skipping them.
3) According to your taste you can alter the quantity of Green chutney and sweet chutney that you add to puris.
4) If you don't want onions, you can skip them and prepare these dahi puris with potato and green gram stuffing alone.
5) You can skip adding sugar to Curd if feel that the sweetness that you get from Sweet chutney is enough.