Murungai Keerai poriyal is one of the healthy and tasty recipe. This keerais are packed with loads of nutrients which gives immerse health benefits to us.
- 1 small bunch Murungai keerai (1 cup tightly packed)
- 1 ladle Moong dal
- 1/4 cup Grated coconut
- 1 tsp Sugar
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad dal
- 1 Red chilli (Broken as pieces)
- A pinch Asafoetida/Hing
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Remove the leaves part from stem, wash Murungai keerais and keep aside. Soak the moong dal for half an hour.
2) Heat oil in a kadai and add Mustard seeds to crackle. Next add Asafoetida,Red chillies, Urad dal and fry till light brown.
3) Add Murungai keerais, Salt, Sugar and fry. The keerais will shrink in size, if needed sprinkle few water to cook completely.
4) Drain water from moong dal, add to keerai and mix well. Leave it to get cooked for 5 more minutes.
5) Add Grated Coconut and mix well. Switch off the flame after 5 mins.
1) Adding sugar eliminates bitter taste.
2) According to your taste, you can also add 1/4 cup finely chopped onions and fry after seasoning.