Vegetable cutlet is a yummy snack prepared with boiled veggies. This is one of the kids favourite dish and goes well with tomato sauce.
Ingredients: (serves 15 cutlets)
- 2 Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Green peas
- 1 Onion (Finely chopped)
- 5-6 Beans (Finely chopped)
- 1/4 Capsicum (Finely chopped)
- 1/2 Carrot (Grated)
- 1/2 Beetroot (Grated)
- 1/2 Kohlrabi (Grated)
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- As needed Bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Maida
- As per taste Salt
- As needed Oil
1) Pressure cook potatoes with skin. After it cools, peel the skin and mash it. Also pressure cook peas with enough water, after it cools drain water and keep aside.
2) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai/Pan and add onions to fry till golden brown. Next add beans and fry for few minutes.
3) Add Capsicum and fry again. Next add grated Carrot, Beetroot and Kohlrabi (Nool khol) and mix well. Leave them to cook in medium flame till all water content is dried up.
4) Add Red chilli powder, Salt and mix well. Switch off the flame after 2 minutes.
5) Add mashed potatoes and peas to the veggie mixture and mix well. Also add 1 tsp of maida and 2 tbsp of bread crumbs and mix well. This will absorb remaining water content and help us to form cutlet easily.
6) Now make equal size balls and flatten them all as shown in pic.
7) Add few water to maida make thick batter. Dip one cutlet in maida batter and coat it well. Be cautious while coating as it might get soggy and break. If you feel this step is little difficult, you can keep the cutlet in your hand and use a brush to apply the paste over the cutlets.
8) Drop this maida coated cutlet gently in bread crumbs and coat it well.
9) Drop these cutlets in a Tawa and drizzle enough oil to cook both sides to form a crispy outer layer.
Tasty cutlets are ready to be served with Tomato Ketchep
1) In step 5, instead of bread crumbs you can also add 2 slices of breads.
2) If you don't get ready made bread crumbs, you can also grind rusks.
3) Instead of maida batter, you can also use corn flour batter.
4) You can also skip Beetroot if you don't want dark coloured cutlets. Also alter the veggies according to your choice but do not skip the basic veggies Potato, beans and Carrot.
5) In step 9, you can also deep fry these cutlets in oil instead of shallow fry.
6) I have prepared this cutlet with out any spice powders like (Jeera powder, coriander powder or Garam masala) you can add them according to your choice. Same goes with Ginger Garlic paste, I have skipped it but you can add them along with onions.