Mixed dal adai is a protein rich and delicious recipe which is prepared with legumes and left over Idli/Dosa batter.
- 2 cups left over Idli/Dosa batter
- 2 medium size Onions (Finely chopped)
- 1 ladle Toor dal
- 1 ladle Masoor da
- 1 ladle Moong dal
- 1 ladle Channa dal
- 1 ladle Horse gram
- 2 tbsp Kabuli channa
- 2 tbsp Black channa
- 2 tbsp Hyacinth beans/Mochai
- 2 tbsp Black eyed beans/Karamani
- 2 Red chillies
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 inch Ginger (Skin peeled and chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/Hing
- As per taste Salt
Method for Batter:
1) Soak the dals together for 5-6 hours. Drain water and keep aside.
2) First grind Red chillies, Green chillies, Ginger, Asafoetida and Salt to a coarse mixture.
3) Now add the dals and grind to coarse paste by adding little water.
4) Add this ground dal paste to Idli batter and mix well.
5) Next add the onions and mix well.
Method for Adai:
1) Heat a dosa tawa and pour a ladle of batter and spread it to form a circle.
2) Drizzle oil around the adai and leave it to cook.
3) After it gets cooked one side, flip it around to cook other side.
4) After both side are cooked, remove it from tawa and serve hot.
1) You can also add other legumes of your choice.
2) Other than onions, you can add grated carrot, finely chopped capsicum, Cabbage etc