Chilli chapathi is a tasty Chinese dish prepared with leftover chapathis.
I am a big fan of Saravana bavan chilli parotta, so I followed the same method replacing parotta with chapathis. Onion raita is a great combination for this chilli chapathi.
- 5-6 Left over chapathis/Rotis
- 1/2 cup Kabuli Channa
- 2 Medium size Onions (Chopped vertically)
- 1/2 Capsicum (Chopped vertically)
- 2 Green chillis (Slit length wise)
- 1/2 inch length Ginger (Chopped finely)
- 4-5 Garlic pods (Chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 ladle+1 tbsp Oil
- As per taste Salt
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
1) Soak the Channa overnight and pressure cook with little salt. Drain the water and keep aside.
2) Cut the chapathis vertically and keep aside.
3) Heat the Roti tawa and add the chopped chapathis and sauté them with 1 tbsp of oil.
4) Heat 1 ladle of oil in a kadai and add Onion, Capsicum, Green chilli, Ginger and Garlic, fry in high flame till onions turn light brown. While frying , do it carefully as they might get burnt easily.
5) Add Channa and mix well. Next add all the spice powders and salt, mix again.
6) Add Soya sauce and Tomato sauce and give a quick mix.
7) Next add fried chapathis and mix well.
Tasty Chilli chapathi is ready.
1) You can also add vertically chopped cabbage along with capsicum.
2) Finally garnishing with finely chopped spring onions gives nice flavour.