Peanut Sundal/Verkadalai sundal is a healthy and tasty snack also one of the Navarathri special recipe.
- 1 Cup Raw peanuts/Pachai verkadalai
- 2 tbsp Grated coconut
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 Green chilli (finely chopped)
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- A pinch Hing/Asafoetida
- A spring Curry leaves
- 1 Red chilli (broken as halves)
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Soak the Raw peanuts overnight. Next day, pressure cook the peanuts with 1/2 cup of water.
2) Drain the water from cooked peanuts and keep aside.
3) Heat oil in a kadia and crackle Mustard seeds then add rest of the ingredients given in "For Seasoning".
4) Add cooked peanuts, salt, Grated coconut , Green chilli and Coriander leaves. Mix well and switch off the flame.
Tasty Sundal is ready.