This onion Tomato chutney is easy to make and goes well with Idli, Dosa, pongal and all breakfast dishes.
Coriander leaves added to this chutney enhances the flavour and adds its nutritional value too.
- 2 Onions (Chopped as big pieces)
- 3 Tomatoes (Chopped as big pieces)
- 1 Green chilli (Slit length wise)
- 1/4 Cup Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- A spring Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
1) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai and add Onion and Green chilli, fry till they turn light brown.
2) Now add Tomatoes and leave it to cook till they turn mushy.
3) Switch off the flame and add Coriander leaves. Mix well.
4) Let it cool down, then grind to smooth paste by adding Salt.
5) Heat 1 tsp oil in a Kadai/ Pan and crackle mustard seeds. After it crackles, add curry leaves and switch off the flame.
6) Pour this seasoning mixture on top of chutney.
Easy and tasty Onion tomato chutney is ready in minutes.