This is a tasty Dal Tadka recipe which goes well with Roti, Rice and Parathas. Also this Dal tadka is rich in protein that makes a balanced diet.
I have already posted Dal fry recipe, click here to get the recipe.
- 1/3 cup Toor dal
- 1/3 cup Masoor dal
- 1/3 cup Yellow moong dal
- 1 laddle Channa dal/Bengal gram
- 2 Onions (Finely chopped)
- 3 Tomatoes (Finely chopped)
- 1 Green chilli (chopped)
- 2 tsp Kasuri methi/Dried Fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves (Finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Fresh cream
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tso Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2-3 Red chillies
- 1 tsp Ginger (Skin peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic (Skin peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (Finely chopped)
- A spring Curry leaves
1) Mix all the dals together and wash them.
2) Add 1 cup of water, a pinch of turmeric powder, a drop of cooking oil, Onions, Tomatoes and Green chillies. Pressure cook the dal for 2-3 whistles.
3) Mash the dal with backside of a ladle and leave it to boil for few minutes.
4) Add Kasuri methi and Salt, mix them well. Let it boil for few more minutes and switch off the flame.
5) Now add Coriander leaves and fresh cream, mix them well.
6) Heat oil and Ghee in a Kadai/Pan, add Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds to crackle. After it crackles, add curry leaves and red chillies. Finally add Ginger, Garlic and Onions, fry till onions turn light brown.
7) Pour this seasoning mixture on dal and mix well.
Tasty Dal tadka is ready to be served.
1) Adding fresh cream gives richness to dal, you can skip it if you are diet conscious.
2) You can also add 1 tsp Garam masala at Step 4 to get nice masala flavour.