Cabbage Carrot poriyal is a tasty and colourful poriyal that goes well with rasam, sambar, vetha kuzhambu rice varieties.
- 3 cups Cabbage (Chopped)
- 1 cup Carrot (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Grated Coconut
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Heat oil in a kadai/Pan and add Mustard seeds to crackle then add Urad dal and fry till golden brown.
2) Add Chopped Carrot and fry for few secs then add Chopped Cabbage and mix well.
3) Sprinkle water and close it with a lid to cook the poriyal.
4) After the poriyal is cooked, add salt and mix well. Then add grated Coconut and switch off the flame.
Tasty Cabbage Carrot poriyal is ready.
1) You can also add 1 ladle of green peas to this poriyal to enhance its taste. Add it along with carrot at step 2.