Potato masala is a favourite combination for poori.
For poori recipe, click here.
- 4 Potatoes (Medium Size)
- 3 Onions (Chopped vertically)
- 2 Tomatoes (Chopped finely)
- 1/2 Capsicum (Chopped finely)
- 2 Green chillies (Slit vertically)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (Skin peeled and chopped finely)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves (Chopped finely)
- As per taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- A pinch Asafoetida
- 2 tsp Channa dal
- 2 tsp Urad dal
1) Wash and clean the potatoes to remove the mud. Pressure cook them with 1 cup water for 3-4 whistles.
2) Take a bowl with 2 cups of cool water, transfer the potatoes with laddle to cool water. Now you will be able to handle the potatoes easily, peel off the skin and mash it with your hand. Don't mash them nicely just a press is enough.
5) After the dals turn golden brown, add Onions, Capsicum, Tomatoes, Green chilli & Ginger and sauté for few minutes.
6) Next add Turmeric powder and fry them.
7) After the onion mixture gets cooked, add mashed potatoes & Salt, and mix them.
8) Add 1 cup of water and let it cook in medium flame for 10-15 minutes. Finally garnish with Coriander leaves.
Your Yummy Masala is ready to pair up poori
1) Adding 1/2 cup of green peas while cooking veggies enhances the taste of masal.
2) You can dissolve a tsp of gram flour in 1 tbsp of water and add to masala. This makes it thick and tastes like hotel masala.
3) You can also add few curry leaves while seasoning.