Neer dosa is one of an authentic Karnataka recipe. Neer is the word for water in Tulu and this Neer dosa is prepared using Rice. Here, I have replaced rice with Proso millet/ Pani varagu to prepare this recipe. The batter is easy to prepare and doesn't need any fermentation.
These tiny Millets may look small but encloses immerse health benefits. Interested to know about proso millet, click here.
- 1 cup Proso millet/Panivaragu
- 2 tbsp Grated coconut
- For making Dosa Oil
- As needed water
- As needed salt
1) Soak Proso millet for 3-4 hours.
2) Grind to smooth paste adding coconut and salt.
3) Add enough water to make runny batter. The correct consistency is, the batter should not stick to backside of ladle.
4) Heat a dosa tawa and drizzle some oil. Pour a thin layer from outside to inside (like how we do for rava dosa)
5) Close it with a lid and cook in medium flame.
6) After it is cooked, no need to flip it. Just remove it carefully from tawa and serve hot.
1) The batter should be smooth unlike Idli batter.
2) Coconut is optional, you can prepare the batter avoiding it.
3) Left over batter can be refrigerated and can be used next day.