This mixed veg subzi is cooked in Sweet corn gravy and has mild sweet taste. I have already posted the mixed veg subzi in onion tomato gravy.
- 1 cob American Sweet corn
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi/Dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
- As per taste Salt
Spice powders to add:
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Amchur powder
Veggies to add:
- 1/2 cup Beans (chopped 1 inch lenght)
- 1/2 cup Capsicum (chopped as cubes)
- 1/2 cup Carrot (chopped as cubes)
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1 cup Cauliflower small florets
- 1 cup potato (chopped as cubes)
1) Steam cook the corn, after it cools scrap off the kernels from the cob and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds to splutter. Then add onions and fry till they become light brown.
3) Add Ginger Garlic paste and fry. Then add tomatoes and fry till they become mushy.
4) Add the mixed veggies (Beans, Capsicum, Carrot, Green peas) and mix well. Sprinkle few water and close it with a lid to cook.
5) After the veggies gets half cooked, add Cauliflower and potatoes and mix well. Again sprinkle few more water and close it with a lid to cook.
6) Add Garam masala, Turmeric powder, chilli powder, Amchur powder and Salt and mix well.
7) Grind the corn kernels to smooth paste and add this paste to subzi. Mix well.
8) Add 1/2 cup water and let it cook for few minutes. Finally garnish with fresh corriander leaves and kasuri methi.
Tasty Subzi is ready.