This Chow Chow thogayal/Chayote thogayal has mild sweet taste and goes well with Hot rice and pairs well with Dosa too.
- 1 Chow Chow/Chayote (Peel the skin, remove the white seed and chop as cubes)
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Whole Urad dal
- 2 Red chillies
- 1 tbsp Oil
1) Heat oil in a kadai and crackle Mustard seeds.
2) Add Asafoetida, Urad dal and Red chillies. Fry till Urad dal turns golden brown.
3) Add Chow Chow and fry for few minutes. Sprinkle few water and close it with a lid to cook in low flame. After it is cooked, leave it to cool.
4) Then grind to smooth paste with salt.
Tasty thogayal is ready.
Another interesting dish with this veggie is Chow Chow poriyal, click here for the recipe.