This tasty Pundalangai poriyal/Snake gourd stir fry is made with onion and with out coconut. I have already posted pudalangai poriyal (with coconut).
- 500 gms Pudalangai
- 2 Medium size Onion
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 ladle Oil
- As per taste Salt
1) Wash and trim the edges of Snake gourd. Cut the snake gourd length wise and remove the seeds and white threads attached to seeds. Chop the Snake guard into small pieces. Now Chop Onions length wise.
2) Heat oil in a kadai, add onion and fry till they turn golden brown. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix well.
3) Add Pundalangai (Snake gourd), Salt and mix well.
4) Sprinkle few water and close it with a lid to cook.
5) After it gets cooked, let it stay for 10 mins in medium flame. This helps pudalangai to reduce in size and gets roasted slightly. Tasty poriyal is ready.