Cabbage can be eaten raw or can be steamed to make excellent dishes . This South Indian style cabbage poriyal/Cabbage stir fry/ Cabbage palya is an excellent side dish for Sambar, Rasam, vetha kuzhambu. Do you know that Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C and fiber??
- 2 cups Cabbage (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp Grated coconut
- As per taste salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 2 tsp Oil
1) Heat oil in a kadia and add mustard seeds. After it crackles add urad dal and fry till golden brown.
2) Add cabbage and fry for a min.
3) Add salt and sprinkle few water. Close it with a lid to cook the cabbage.
4) After cabbage gets cooked, add grated coconut and mix well. Switch off the flame.
Tasty Cabbage poriyal is ready.