This Vegetable pulao is Katta Meetta pulao and is a NO GINGER NO GARLIC recipe. It goes well with Boondhi raita or Onion raita.
- 2 Cups Basmathi Rice
- 2 tbsp broken Cashews
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ghee
- As per taste Salt
- 2 Onion (Chopped finely)
- 10 Beans (Chopped vertically)
- 1 Carrot (Chopped vertically)
- 1 Capsicum (Chopped vertically)
1) Wash and clean the rice and add 3 cups of water and few drops of oil. Soak it for 30-40
mins then cook it. I have cooked using electric rice cooker. If you are using pressure cooker, pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
2) After it is cooked, add a tsp of oil and fluff it with a fork.
3) Heat oil in a kadai, add cashews fry till golden brown. Then add raisins and frytill they puff up in medium flame.
4) Add the veggies and fry till they become half cooked.
5) Add Garam masala, Red chilli powder and Salt. Mix them well.
6) Now add cooked rice, mix gently and Switch off the flame.
7) Finally mix a tsp of Ghee to pulao.