Kosambari/Kosumalli is a traditional and healthy salad prepared for Lunch menu. I have tried this traditional recipe with a twist of adding sweet corn kernels. It came out so well and became kids favourite.
- 1/2 Carrot (Grated)
- 1/2 Cucumber (Grated)
- 1 Tomato (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn kernels (Raw)
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp yellow moong dal
- 1 Green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Grated coconut
- 1/4 tsp Fresh lemon/lime juice
- Few curry leaves (chopped finely)
- Few corriander leaves (chopped finely)
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1) Wash and Soak Moong dal for half an hour, In case you are soaking in hot water it will take less time.
2) Drain water from moong dal.
3) Mix all ingredients given under "Ingredients" with soaked moong dal.
4) Finally heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds. Add the mustard seeds to mixed ingredients.
5) Mix them well and kosumalli is ready to be served.