When we get fever or recover from fever, we don't feel like eating anything.
Try this Rasam and have it with hot rice and ghee. You can drink this Rasam as soup too.
- 1 Lemon size Tamarind (or ready made tamarind paste)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- As per taste Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/Hing
- 2 Red chillies (Dried)
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Neem flower/Vepamboo (Dried)
1) Add hot water to tamarind and make a paste.
2) Dilute it with 3 cups of water, add salt and turmeric powder.
3) Heat this mixture for about 10 mins till the raw smell goes off.
4) Meantime, heat a kadai add ghee and mustard.
5) After it crackles, add Sesame oil, Asafoetida and Red chilies and saute for a min.
6) Then add Neem flower and saute for a min.
7) Add this mixture to the Rasam and leave it till froth appears.
Rasam is ready with nice aroma of Neem flower
1) Neem flower quantity can be altered as per your taste.
2) Instead of sesame oil, some prefer to use ghee. Depending upon your taste, you can use ghee or sesame oil.
3) If you like the taste of tomatoes, you can add 1 sliced tomato while boiling tamarind.
4) Also adding curry and coriander leaves depends upon your taste. You can finely chop these leaves and add in final stage.
5) Don't let the Rasam boil after you add Neem flower, just a froth is enough.