This masala Lemon rice will be tasty and packed with loads of Vitamin C.
- 2 cups Cooked rice (cooled)
- 2 medium size Lemon (2 tbsp Lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp raw Ground nuts (peanuts)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 10 small onions (peeled)
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 Green chilli (chopped into 4 big pieces) (optional)
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Channa dal (split chick peas)
- 1 tbsp Urad dal (split black gram)
- 1 dried Red chilli (break into two pieces)
- Asafoetida powder
- 10 Curry leaves
- Chopped Coriander leaves
1) Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a kadai (wok), add red chilli and sauté for 10 secs in low flame.
2) Add mustard seeds to crackle.
3) Add channa dal and sauté it for few secs and add urad dal.
4) Sauté them till it turns light brown in color.
5) Now add ground nut and asafoetida powder and saute them for a min.
6) Transfer them to a bowl and add rest of the oil to the same kadai.
7) Add onions and sauté for a min in low flame. Then turn off the flame and add curry leaves and turmeric powder and sauté.
8) Transfer them to the same bowl.
9) Now add rice, lemon juice, veggie powder, green chilli, coriander leaves and salt to the bowl. Mix them well.
Tasty masala lemon rice is ready.
1) If the onions are irregular in size, cut the large ones into two pieces so that all of them are same in size.
2) Adding green chilli gives nice flavour but if you chop them finely then it makes this rice more spicy.
3) If you want to make this rice more healthy, you can add 2 tsp of grated carrot.
Add it with curry leaves to kadai and mix them.
4) Raita is the best combination for this lemon rice.