|Sweet Corn Aloo Sabzi/Corn Potato Curry|
Corn Potato Curry/Sweet Corn Aloo Sabzi is an easy masala curry that can be prepared in a jiffy.
The spicy masala blends with mild sweetness of corn and boiled potatoes bringing in lots of flavour to the dish. A best pair for rotis, pulaos and parathas, this tasty Corn potato curry goes empty for sure.
Interested in more sabzis, then tap on SAbZI/GrAvY/MaSALa
- 3 Medium Size Potatoes
- 1 Sweet corn Cob
- 2 Onions
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Seeds
- 3 tablespoon Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- As per taste Salt
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 3 teaspoon ghee (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon Garam Masala
1) Boil the potatoes with skin. After it cools, peel the skin.
2) Steam the sweet corn cob and let it tcool down for few minutes.
3) Using a knife, scrap the corn kernels from the cob.
4) Chop the boiled potatoes as cubes.
5) Heat 1 ladle oil+2 teaspoon of ghee in a thick bottom pan/kadai, add cumin seeds to crackle.
6) Add finely chopped onions and fry till they turn light brown in colour.
7) Add Ginger Garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
8) Grind the tomatoes and add the tomato paste to the onion.
9) Leave it to cook for few minutes in medium flame. After tomato paste becomes thick, start stirring in continuously till you see oil oozing out on sides. Add 1 teaspoon of ghee at this stage and mix again.
10) Add the spice powders, Salt and mix well. Maintain low flame to avoid this masala mixture getting burnt.
11) Add the sweet corns and potatoes, mix well.
12) Pour enough water (around 2-3 cups) and leave to boil for 10 minutes.
13) Switch off the flame and garnish with Coriander leaves.
Delicious Sweet Corn Aloo Sabzi/Corn Potato Curry is ready.
1) At the final stage you can add 1 tsp of lemon juice for an added sour taste.
2) Add 2 tablespoon of fresh cream at the final stage for an enhanced richness.
3) You can substitute ghee with butter too.
1) You can fry the cubed potatoes in oil until crispy then add to gravy.
2) Instead of finely chopping the onion, you can grind it and add this paste to fry in oil.