|Ponnanganni Keerai Poriyal|
Ponnanganni Keerai Poriyal is tasty and healthy poriyal that is made out of nutrition rich Ponnanganni Keerai/Dwarf Copper Leaf.
Click on the picture to know about the health benefits of Ponnanganni Keerai
- 1 bunch Ponnanganni keerai
- 1/2 cup Sambar onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Moong dal
- 1 Cup Grated Coconut
- As per taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Urad dal
- 2 Red chilies
- A pinch Hing
- 1 tbsp Oil
1) Remove the leaves from the stem part of Ponnanganni keerai. Wash the keerais and set aside.
2) Soak Moong dal in warm water for 10-15 mins.
3) Heat oil in a kadai and add Mustard seeds to crackle. Now add Urad dal and fry till light brown. Next add red chilies, hing and fry for few seconds by maintaining low flame.
4) Add onions and fry till light brown.
5) Now add the ponnanganni keerais and fry them. They will get half cooked and will start shrinking in size.
6) Now add 1/2 cup water, soaked moong dal, salt and mix well. Leave them to cook in medium flame. Make sure that the moong dal does not lose its shape.
7) After the leaves are cooked and water is dried up, add coconut and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve them.
1) You can prepare this poriyal with out onion too.
2) Some might even prefer to add finely chopped garlic while frying onions.
3) If you want more spicy taste, you can add 1-2 tsp sambar powder too.