|Methi Dal fry|
Methi Dal fry is a tasty as well as a healthy side dish for Roti, Paratha and Rice.
Methi leaves are not only good for Diabetes and cholesterol but also provides immerse health benefits. You would see good difference in your overall health if you try to include these methi leaves at leaves at least twice a week in your diet.
- 4 Cups Methi leaves/Vendhaya keerai/Menthya Soppu/Methi Kura (Remove the leaves part, clean them and Finely chop)
- 2 Onions (Finely chopped)
- 3 Tomatoes (Finely chopped)
- 2 Green chillies (Finely chopped) (alter according to your spice level)
- 1 Cup Toor dal
- A pinch Turmeric
- A pinch Hing
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
1) Pressure cook toor dal for 2-3 whistles by adding a pinch of Turmeric. Heat oil in a kadai, add Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds to crackle.
2) Add Onions and fry till light brown. Next add green chillies and fry.
3) Now add tomatoes and fry till they get cooked. Add methi leaves and fry till they gets shrink in size.
4) Now add cooked toor dal, Hing and mix well.
5) Add salt, required amount of water and mix well again.
6) Leave it to get cooked for few more minutes in low flame till you can see small bubbles popping up on surface then switch off the flame.
2) You can add finely chopped ginger and garlic while froing onion or you can use Ginger Garlic paste.
3) If you couldn't get fresh Methi leaves, you can try using dried methi leaves (Kasuri methi).
4) If you want a little tangy taste, then you can add lemon juice at the end.