Badam Kheer/Almond kheer is a rich dessert prepared with Almonds. I wanted to share some dessert recipe to celebrate the New beginning. Wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year :).
- 1/2 cup Badam/Almonds
- 10-12 Cashews
- 1 litre Milk
- A pinch Saffron
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 6 tsp Sugar (adjust according to your sweetness)
1) Soak Badam/almonds and Cashews separately in warm water for 2 hours.
2) After 2 hours, peel the skin of badam and grind to a Coarse paste along with Cashews.
3) Boil milk in low flame till it reaches 3/4 th of its quantity.
4) Add Saffron and leave it to boil for 10 mins.
5) Now add the Badam Cashew paste to boiling milk and cook it till raw smell goes off. Maintain low flame through out this process.
6) Next add Cardamom powder, Sugar and leave it for few minutes and switch off the flame.
Yummy Badam kheer is ready..
1) I have used little cashews for richness, you can also skip it and add badam completely.
2) Instead of grinding to coarse paste of Badam, you can also grinding to fine paste. I prefer grinding to coarse paste as I love the tit bits of badam in my mouth while enjoying the kheer.
3) Instead of adding Saffron directly to boiling milk, some might prefer to soak it in warm milk for few minutes and press it to release nice saffron colour in milk. Then add this saffron milk to boiling water.
4) If you don't have cardamom powder, you can grind 2 cardamoms along with Badam.