Pineapple pickle is a yummy Katta Meetta pickle that goes well with almost everything ...from Parathas to Curd Rice.
The natural Sweetness and Sourness of pineapple gives a fantastic combo to this pickle. So make sure to select the half ripe fruit which has both the sour and sweet taste for this pickle.
- 1/2 Medium size Pineapple (Chopped as small cubes)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Home made Fenugreek powder
- As required Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- A small piece Asafoetida
- 2 tbsp Gingelly Oil
1) Heat oil in a kadai and add Mustard seeds to crackle. Next add Asafoetida, after it gets roasted add Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder and give a quick mix in low flame.
2) Add the pineapple pieces and mix well.
3) Add Salt and mix again. Leave it to get cooked in oil till pineapple turns soft and leaves oil on sides.
4) Switch off the flame, add Fenugreek powder and mix well. After it cools, transfer it to a bottle and leave it for a day. Next day our pineapple pickle is ready to use.
1) This pickle stays good for a week's time if refrigerated.